Poisonous Substances to Both Cats and Dogs

If your pet should ingest any of the following, take him to the vet immediately, never try to induce vomiting without consulting a veterinarian first.

ANTIFREEZE

In any amount (no matter how small), antifreeze is toxic after 6 to 8 hours of ingestion without treatment.

CHOCOLATE

Milk chocolate is the least toxic kind, but no amount of theobromine that chocolate contains is really safe.

XYLITOL

This is an artificial sweetener found in most “sugar-free” products, such as gums, sweets and candies.

ONIONS
It doesn’t matter if the onions are raw, cooked or dehydrated, but it tends to take a large dose to be toxic.

GRAPES and RAISINS

No one is quite sure why they’re toxic, but large doses of either does damage to the kidneys. To be on the safe side, it’s best to avoid any baked goods that contain raisins.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s